Ephesians 2:10: For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them.
Information about the
Light the Fire Youth Rally can be found here.
Registration forms are also available
outside of the Faith Formation office. Registration forms must be turned in to the Faith Formation office by Sunday, June 18th.
Upcoming Service Opportunities
- Wednesday, June 21st: Serve lunch at Salvation Army, 9:00 am-12:00 pm (meet at SJB)
- Wednesday, July 19th: Serve lunch at Salvation Army, 9:00 am-12:00 pm (meet at SJB)
- Monday, July 31-Friday, August 4th: Vacation Bible Camp
- Saturday, August 12th: Rise Against Hunger Meal Packing Event
- Wednesday, August 16th: Serve lunch at Salvation Army, 9:00 am-12:00 pm (meet at SJB)
- Ongoing: St. Vincent DePaul Soup Kitchen, Wilkes-Barre (Contact 570-829-7796)
- Tuesday evenings: Children's Closet at Queen of Heaven Parish, 5:30-7:00 pm (contact 570-454-7574 for more information)
**Unless otherwise indicated above, please contact the Faith Formation Office
to sign up for any of these activities!**
Upcoming Diocesan Youth Activities
ISLI High School Retreat: June 19-22, Kings College, Wilkes-Barre. Contact Diocese of Scranton Office for Parish Life, 570-207-2213
XLT: June 23, 7:00-9:00 pm, Divine Mercy Parish, Scranton
QUO VADIS DAYS: Sunday through Wednesday, June 25-28, 2017, Misericordia University, Dallas, High School students entering 9th grade in the Fall through College.
Light the Fire Youth Rally: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, College Misericordia University, Dallas, Grades 8th grade graduates through Senior Graduates.
World Youth Day Pilgrimage: July 21-23, Washington, D.C. For more information, call 570-780-2996
XLT: July 28, 7:00-9:00 pm, Divine Mercy Parish, Scranton
Youth Volunteer Pizza Party
December 20, 2015
ISLI Wrap Up Meeting
Summer Fun, 2015!
Preparing/Serving Lunch at Salvation Army, August 19, 2015
"Campfire Night" at Providence Place, August 18, 2015
Faith on Fire Retreat, Our Lady Queen of Peace, Brodheadsville, July 24-25, 2015
Serving lunch at Salvation Army, July 15, 2015
Brandon's Forever Home, July 8, 2015
Light the Fire Youth Rally, July 1, 2015
Welcome to St. John Bosco Youth Ministry!
It isn't easy to be young in the twenty-first century. Come to think of it, it probably wasn't easy in the first century, either. Through the centuries, throughout all of time, one thing has been constant: God's awesome love for us, especially through His son, Jesus Christ.
That same Jesus who came to live with us and experience all the joys and sorrows, triumphs and tragedies we do. Jesus was a young person, too. Even though scripture doesn't share the details of his youth, we know he knows exactly how we feel as we're growing into adulthood.
Simply put: our goal is always and in all ways to help our students grow closer to Jesus. To help them become his disciples. And as his disciples, what amazing gifts they have to share! They're courageous and inventive and generous and energetic. They are caring and sincere, bright and full of hope and promise. They love to laugh. Just as, we suspect, Jesus did in his youth. We rejoice in him and them, together.
Here are the details:
- The Saint John Bosco Church Youth Ministry is open to all youth in grades seven through twelve.
- Our past and present activities include, but are not limited to:
- Community service activities (CEO, Valley Food Pantry, Salvation Army, Providence Place, Brandon's Forever Home, and more!)
- N'ap Danse Ansamn (We Dance Together) - annual dance marathon to benefit a worthy cause chosen by our youth
- Up and Over and ISLI retreats
- Annual Light the Fire Youth Rally
Sometimes, our activities are so awesome, that a consent form is required. Parents or guardians, please click here
to download, print, complete and return to our Faith Formation Office. Thanks!
Upcoming 2015-2016 Youth events in the Diocese and beyond!