Ephesians 2:10: For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them.
Upcoming Diocesan Youth Ministry Events:
· #leaveamark18 planning is under way! #Leaveamark18 is an event organized by and for young people to kick off National Vocation Awareness Week and to celebrate the young Church. This year we are excited to announce that we are collaborating with Grotto Network at the University of Notre Dame. Sarah Yaklic and the folks at Grotto Network are going to help us make #Leaveamark18 an even bigger success than last year! Please save the date and consider joining us on Sunday, November 4th at 5:00pm for mass at St. Peter’s Cathedral with Bishop Bambera, followed by an interactive reception.
· Daybreak is a new retreat offered just for 8th and 9th grade students on November 9-11, 2018 at St. Gabriel’s Retreat House in Clarks Summit. The focus of this retreat is on good communication skills and healthy relationships with oneself, with family, and with friends. The Daybreak retreat is a direct response to the request for, and need for, additional retreat opportunities for both high school and middle school students. Since the transition from middle school to high school can sometimes be challenging, I would highly encourage you to intentionally invite your 8th and 9th grade students to attend. Registration is now open and can be accessed using the following link:http://www.dioceseofscranton.org/holinessandmission/250-2/daybreak-retreat-november-9-11/
Upcoming Service Opportunities
- Sunday, November 4: Set up for Election Day Pasta Dinner, 1-3 pm
- Tuesday, November 6: Election Day Pasta Dinner, 3-7 prm
- Friday, November 16: Families in Faith Family Movie Night 5-8 pm
- Sunday, December 2: Prepare House Blessing supplies, 11:30-12:30 pm
- Friday, December 14: Valley Food Pantry, 6:30-8:00 pm
- Ongoing: St. Vincent DePaul Soup Kitchen, Wilkes-Barre (Contact 570-829-7796)
- Tuesday evenings: Children's Closet at Queen of Heaven Parish, 5:30-7:00 pm (contact 570-454-7574 for more information)
**Unless otherwise indicated above, please contact the Faith Formation Office
to sign up for any of these activities!**
Youth Volunteer Pizza Party
December 20, 2015
ISLI Wrap Up Meeting
Summer Fun, 2015!
Preparing/Serving Lunch at Salvation Army, August 19, 2015
"Campfire Night" at Providence Place, August 18, 2015
Faith on Fire Retreat, Our Lady Queen of Peace, Brodheadsville, July 24-25, 2015
Serving lunch at Salvation Army, July 15, 2015
Brandon's Forever Home, July 8, 2015
Light the Fire Youth Rally, July 1, 2015
Welcome to St. John Bosco Youth Ministry!
It isn't easy to be young in the twenty-first century. Come to think of it, it probably wasn't easy in the first century, either. Through the centuries, throughout all of time, one thing has been constant: God's awesome love for us, especially through His son, Jesus Christ.
That same Jesus who came to live with us and experience all the joys and sorrows, triumphs and tragedies we do. Jesus was a young person, too. Even though scripture doesn't share the details of his youth, we know he knows exactly how we feel as we're growing into adulthood.
Simply put: our goal is always and in all ways to help our students grow closer to Jesus. To help them become his disciples. And as his disciples, what amazing gifts they have to share! They're courageous and inventive and generous and energetic. They are caring and sincere, bright and full of hope and promise. They love to laugh. Just as, we suspect, Jesus did in his youth. We rejoice in him and them, together.
Here are the details:
- The Saint John Bosco Church Youth Ministry is open to all youth in grades seven through twelve.
- Our past and present activities include, but are not limited to:
- Community service activities (CEO, Valley Food Pantry, Salvation Army, Providence Place, Brandon's Forever Home, and more!)
- N'ap Danse Ansamn (We Dance Together) - annual dance marathon to benefit a worthy cause chosen by our youth
- Up and Over and ISLI retreats
- Annual Light the Fire Youth Rally
Sometimes, our activities are so awesome, that a consent form is required. Parents or guardians, please click here
to download, print, complete and return to our Faith Formation Office. Thanks!
Upcoming 2015-2016 Youth events in the Diocese and beyond!