Ephesians 2:10: For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them.
The next "Lunch Bunch" will meet on Sunday, December 17th!
Students in 9th grade and up are invited to enjoy lunch and fellowship,
and to bake cookies for the Salvation Army!
Contact Kayla at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Upcoming Service Opportunities
- Friday, December 1, 6:00-8:00 pm: Polar Express Movie Night
- Friday, January 19: March For Life Bus Trip
- Ongoing: St. Vincent DePaul Soup Kitchen, Wilkes-Barre (Contact 570-829-7796)
- Tuesday evenings: Children's Closet at Queen of Heaven Parish, 5:30-7:00 pm (contact 570-454-7574 for more information)
**Unless otherwise indicated above, please contact the Faith Formation Office
to sign up for any of these activities!**
Youth Volunteer Pizza Party
December 20, 2015
ISLI Wrap Up Meeting
Summer Fun, 2015!
Preparing/Serving Lunch at Salvation Army, August 19, 2015
"Campfire Night" at Providence Place, August 18, 2015
Faith on Fire Retreat, Our Lady Queen of Peace, Brodheadsville, July 24-25, 2015
Serving lunch at Salvation Army, July 15, 2015
Brandon's Forever Home, July 8, 2015
Light the Fire Youth Rally, July 1, 2015
Welcome to St. John Bosco Youth Ministry!
It isn't easy to be young in the twenty-first century. Come to think of it, it probably wasn't easy in the first century, either. Through the centuries, throughout all of time, one thing has been constant: God's awesome love for us, especially through His son, Jesus Christ.
That same Jesus who came to live with us and experience all the joys and sorrows, triumphs and tragedies we do. Jesus was a young person, too. Even though scripture doesn't share the details of his youth, we know he knows exactly how we feel as we're growing into adulthood.
Simply put: our goal is always and in all ways to help our students grow closer to Jesus. To help them become his disciples. And as his disciples, what amazing gifts they have to share! They're courageous and inventive and generous and energetic. They are caring and sincere, bright and full of hope and promise. They love to laugh. Just as, we suspect, Jesus did in his youth. We rejoice in him and them, together.
Here are the details:
- The Saint John Bosco Church Youth Ministry is open to all youth in grades seven through twelve.
- Our past and present activities include, but are not limited to:
- Community service activities (CEO, Valley Food Pantry, Salvation Army, Providence Place, Brandon's Forever Home, and more!)
- N'ap Danse Ansamn (We Dance Together) - annual dance marathon to benefit a worthy cause chosen by our youth
- Up and Over and ISLI retreats
- Annual Light the Fire Youth Rally
Sometimes, our activities are so awesome, that a consent form is required. Parents or guardians, please click here
to download, print, complete and return to our Faith Formation Office. Thanks!
Upcoming 2015-2016 Youth events in the Diocese and beyond!