The Sacrament of Eucharist
"This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me."
Important Upcoming Dates
for First Communion Students:
March 11: Retreat, 8:00am-12:00 pm
**At least one parent must attend with your child**
May 2 and 4: First Communion Practice, 5:30-7:30
May 6: First Communion Mass, 10:00 am
May 7: May Crowning during 9:00 mass
First Holy Communion or the first reception of the Sacrament of Eucharist is a significant event in the life of every Catholic Christian. Eucharist is "the source and summit of the Christian life" and, as such, is central to our practice of our Faith. When we eat the supper of the Lord, we become totally one with him.
Joy-filled as this experience is, an important period of preparation for the gift of First Communion is required:
- Parents are invited to attend an informational meeting at the beginning of the Faith Formation year in September or October.
- Completed information form (see below) and Baptismal Certificate, if baptized elsewhere, are submitted upon registration for Faith Formation.
- First Penance is celebrated in December.
- First Communion Retreat for children and parents takes place in March.
- May Crowning is celebrated on the first Sunday in May.
- First Communion is celebrated in May.